Nicaragua has a favorable legal framework for the investment. Among other laws we have:
Law No. 344 - Promotion of Foreign Investments
- Free expatriation of capital
- Free convertibility of currencies
- There is not minimum or maximum amount of investment
- Fair treatment to national or foreign investors
- Copyright Protection
- Access to financing in local banks
- Protection of the property and safety
Link to Law No. 344 - Promotion of Foreign Investments
Laws of Free Trade Zones in Nicaragua. Decree Law No. 46-91
- Law of creation of the National Corporation of Free Trade Zones- NCFTZ, governing body of the free zone system in Nicaragua.
Link to Laws of Free Trade Zones in Nicaragua
Nicaraguan Law 917 on Free Trade Export Zones
- 100% income taxes exemption
- Total exemption of taxes on transfer of immovable goods.
- Exemption of the payment of taxes on profits of capital.
- Municipal taxes total exemption
- Total exemption of taxes on machinery, equipment and raw material, transports and support services for Free Trade Zones.
- Added value tax total exemption
- Exemption of taxes on the transport equipment